Friday, March 28, 2014
A Special Lady
Today we said goodbye to a very special lady. She was like a sister to mom and they often said that if they had to go into a care center they wanted to be room mates. That of course was so that they could craft together. I remember one of mom's favorite memories of Merle. They had gathered aluminum cans (from along side the roads) to make flowers to make wall hangings. The cans had to be washed and cut so they met at the church to do this. They had the cans stacked on the table in preparation to cut and then spray paint them. Oh by the way many of these cans were beer cans. While they were cutting the cans in walked Bishop Alphin and Ron Stephens - the Bishop simply said do I have cause to be concerned and then they all burst into laughter.
Merle would have been so pleased to see her family working together and planning to do as a family. It has been a difficult three weeks for them and they weathered this trial in their lives with grace. I hope our families always remain friends like our mothers were.
So I say goodbye to my dear friend Merle. You will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment