Friday, July 4, 2014

Random Pictures

I know that I posted this on facebook but I thought that it would be fun to post it on my blog.  This picture was taken the first day of school.  My mom is the tall on in the back and Talue Chreechley.  Middle of the row is my mother's brother Gerald, next is Carlene (mom's sister), then Darrell Mikesell, then another brother Wendell, Jack Chreechley standing next to him.  Kneeling is Deeloy Chreechley, then Stanley Mikesell, Della Jean Hill and last but not least is Abbott Mikesell (he is the older brother of Darrell, Richard, and Stanley and Uncle to Della).  Mom talked about this picture often but my Aunt Peggy had to help me figure out who was who and then Aunt Nancy and Uncle Abbott helped with the ones we did not know!  Thanks for all who helped with these corrections.

 
I truly fell in love with this picture of Grandma Martha.  It was taken in 1913 and she was only 15 years old.  I look at this picture and then think of all of the things she accomplished in her life she was truly a great lady.  She is the mother of the Mikesell boys named in the above picture and she raised my father after his parents died when he was nine years old.  Grandma is loved by so many!!
 
 
I found this picture of my sweet grandfather (my mother's father) holding my baby brother Paul on the car.  Oh how we loved this man and his kind a gentle way with everyone.  Fun times to remember!!
 
 
Here is another picture that I put on facebook but have put it on this blog.  Paul is the baby in the picture with Randy next to him holding the bunny and Clare is petting it.  We lived on 5100 South in Washington Terrace and at the time we could have rabbits.  Now T.H. Bell's football field where our home once was.  My how we loved the rabbits that we had when we lived there.
 Better close for now I will have to scan more pictures to post.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment